Thursday, October 27, 2011

A school as big as your hand.


A school all in the palm of your hand? Sounds crazy right? Today in my technology class we heard about the new type of schooling called the ischool. I personally like the idea of the ischool, I think there are many advantages to this system. The school would save money on not having to buy so many printers, computers, fax machines, etc. The students would save money on not having to buy so many textbooks, pencils, paper, etc. When the school is able to save money they won’t have to cut as many teachers, classes, and extracurricular activities. I wish the ischool would have been around when I was a student, but now I may have the opportunity to teach in an ischool community. I think that as a teacher it would be very efficient; especially when it comes to homework, grading and quizzes. As there are many advantages with the ischool there are also disadvantages. When working with any type of technology, you always have to have a plan B.  There are times that technology doesn’t always work and if you’re whole school system is based on this, you’ll have to find a way to overcome this problem. So overall I really like the idea of an ischool, I’m excited to see what the future brings. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you think the iSchool is a good idea but you shared your concern about how technology does not always work. I agree with you that it is a good idea and a great way to save money. I like how you pointed out how saving money will help schools keep teachers, classes and extracurricular activities. However, I do not think that the entire school system should be based on this. I think until it can be completely reliable, we need to find a middle ground between the classroom today and the iSchool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee, you made some good points. I especially liked that you pointed out how the school wouldn't have to lay off as many teachers; and they'll be able to keep all the clubs for students to participate in. While I was thinking over this, I focused more on the advantages and disadvantages as a teacher...I didn't even think of the fact that it would save jobs!

    ReplyDelete