Ashlee Wilson
EDUC 2100
12/5/2011
Dara Fraley, Mandy Nolt
· My Personal Philosophy of Technology
I have always been fascinated in learning about new types of technology. Although I’m not very good at using most types of electronic equipment, I am amazed in how it works. I can’t wait to incorporate technology in my teaching. Technology is a part of education. When a new form of technology, meant for educational purposes, comes out it can change the way education is taught. As technology changes so does education. My major is Early Childhood Education right? So then why do I need to take a technology class; this was the mindset I came in with prior to taking this class. Once I really thought a bought it I realized that technology actually plays and will continue to play a really big part in my life. I’m rarely ever without some form of technology. Technology helps me stay “connected,” whether it’s with friends or school work, but why am I not using at least part of that time to grow closer to God? If I will be spending that much of my time using technology, it would be beneficial for me to find ways to use technology to enhance my relationship with God. One of my favorite parts of my technology class was towards the beginning when we looked up what God had to say about technology and the correspondence between the Bible and Technology. I know that the tools I have acquired from taking this class will benefit me greatly in the future.
· My Philosophy of Technology for my Future Students
Schools are failing to change with the times. In order for students to be engaged in the classroom, the technology should be up to date. Technology is being incorporated in a child’s life at a younger age now than ever before. It’s been proven that the more activity you involve in your teaching the more your students will retain. So loose the overheads and move in the smart boards. If as a teacher you are going to expect your students to be up to date with the latest technology, you yourself must be as well. The times have changed and students don’t learn as they did many years ago. Technology is present everywhere in our daily lives and is shaping the way we live our lives. As a teacher I want to be able to offer my students the best learning opportunity available. I want to try and incorporate multiple types of technology therefore exposing my students to multiple types of learning styles. This will not only help their performance in the classroom and at home, but also in their future to come. Technology is advancing quickly and if we let our students get behind in the times not we are just making it that much harder on them in the future.
· My Philosophy of Technology for the Parents of my Future Students
Technology is really valued throughout our culture. People surround themselves with technology and build links between people on other sides of the world, but at the same time build stronger walls between neighbors. Some people are surrounding themselves with modern technology while paying little attention to the needs of others. I want to use technology to help develop my classroom and help keep everyone on the same page. I want to make a website that will be easy for parents and students to use, that will have all the important class information needed. I’ve found that, not only students, but parents as well gain a sense of empowerment from learning to control the computer and to use it in ways they associate with the real world. New technologies are advancing in our world today; they are forcing changes within the classroom as well as in the home life. In my future classroom I plan on incorporating variant forms of technology to cover a wide spread of diverse learners. If I am going to require the students to use this technology at home, the parents are going to need to have the capability and background knowledge to work the programs as well, in order to assist their child.
No comments:
Post a Comment