Hello! My name is Miss Ashlee Wilson. I was born in Marysville, Ohio. I graduated from Cedarville University and also played on the women’s soccer team. This is my second year here at Ellie Elementary school. I am happy to be back and I’m ready to have another great year! This year I have a new form of technology that I will be using in the classroom that I am very excited about! When I was getting the new “surprise” installed in the room I couldn’t believe how much technology had changed over the years. When I first started going to school, the “best” technology of that time was the chalkboard. As a little kid I thought the chalkboard was the great. But at that age I’m pretty sure I thought everything was awesome. So a couple grades passed and the whiteboard came into the classrooms. Technology was slowing improving. When I was in high school my teachers started to use the television to teach us! I was amazed; I didn’t know what to expect next, I mean you’re already using the television to teach us in class! Senior year came and I was introduced to my favorite piece of technology. I was fascinated with the smart board. It’s a very complex piece of technology and a good way to involve the whole classroom. Throughout my years of schooling I was introduced to many different types of technology. Technology is always changing; people are always looking for ways to make it more efficient. Technology is being used in the world at a younger age. I know I personally love incorporating technology in my teaching. Technology is a part of education. When a new form of technology, meant for educational purposes, comes out it can change the way education is taught. As technology changes so does education. So I’m sure you’re just dying to know what the "surprise" technology is!! This year in the classroom, we have a smart board!!! I've been so excited all summer to finally use this! Can’t wait to see everyone! See you all in a couple days!!
I like how you acted like you were already teaching. It made the blog interesting and fun to read. I agree that a smart board is one of the most fun types of technology in the classroom. The fact that it is a computer and white board is quite amazing and will be an excellent tool for teachers in the future.
ReplyDeleteThis was a creative way to post your thoughts about technology and the changes that have occurred with it. And, I hope someday you do get to have a SMARTBoard in your class!
ReplyDelete